Thursday, September 6, 2012

From the Very Beginning...Again

Here we go again. Another attempt at keeping a blog. A silly, novel idea for a sometimes giver-upper, but one that must not be let go of. After poking and prodding by some of you over the years, and realizing that several of my Facebook updates border on long-form prose, it seems like I should probably be cleansing my inner writer here instead of making the poor randoms that added me as a friend on FB endure this personal exercise.

You, dear friend, seem to want to be here. So, welcome back.

There have been about two years and a helluva lot of stuff that has happened on this accidental hiatus since the last posting. A ton has happened. I mean, A TON. To keep you reading and build a sense of suspense, I won't tell you everything right now. But, it is intriguing, very intriguing...no?

Looking back over the 137 postings (many of which were never published) from the former "Ragamuffin Girl" blog that are now all archived, it seemed like I was kind of depressed, a bit weepy and often forlorn, constantly seeking for a deeper meaning of why. Much of it was cryptic but usually related to some boy trouble. Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It is to be encouraged, celebrated and continued throughout our lives, but there was something a little embarrassing about a lot of it. It was, at times, well, cheesy and pitiful. Not all of it, mind you. Some of it. A couple of them I might even throw back up at some point, but for now, I just want to start completely fresh. Thank you to everyone who endured that back in the day.

There isn't really a "focus" for this blog quite yet. I know, I know. That's the worst thing for someone like me, a person who has to have structure, to do. It's not a food blog, or a music blog or a fashion blog. It doesn't pontificate about politics or religion or social structures. But it could be all of that and more. We'll see where this thing evolves and then maybe put some boundaries on it. Until then, I'll try to keep it about the everyday. Right now I just want to write. 

Let's try this once more.
Hello.
Nice to meet you.
Wait, we have?
Ah, that's right.
Reintroductions are sometimes awkward.
It's been a while.
I'm just really happy to see you again.



1 comment:

Sparkle said...

Jilliebean, I LOVE this! You were born to write. I felt like I was at the beginnIng of a movie script and now I am in,ready to gorge myself on popcorn and take this ride with you. Yahooooooooooo